Ever wondered how to file a Multi-Purpose Loan (MPL) in Pag-IBIG Fund? Well, things have changed lately with the introduction of Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card. Unlike in the past, all you have to do is fill-out the Multi-Purpose Loan application form, attach the required documents and submit it through your company’s HR or to the Pag-IBIG branch directly where your company maintains its records. If it was submitted through your company’s HR, the check for the loan proceeds will be delivered to your company’s business address. Otherwise, you can get it on the same day you file the loan provided that you reached their cut-off deadline.
The new process is the same with the exemption of two (2) changes. First, you need to have a Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card and secondly, you need to pick-up your Landbank Cash Card at the Pag-IBIG branch where your company maintains its records.
If you still do not have the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card, you can apply to any Pag-IBIG branch with capture facilities. The loyalty card is usually released for pick-up after 2 months. If you need to file the loan right away, Pag-IBIG still accepts the Official Receipt for the payment of loyalty card. However, it will eventually switch to “no loyalty card, no loan application” policy. That said, as early as now, I strongly suggest that you apply for the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card in your free time to avoid the hassle of going through the process when you need it.
If you do not have the Landbank Cash Card provided by Pag-IBIG yet, you do not need to worry about it as they will automatically create one for you. When you pick-up the Landbank Cash Card, you just have to present a filled-out Landbank Cash Card application form that can be downloaded here.
The following are the steps in applying for Multi-Purpose Loan in Pag-IBIG Fund:
- Download or secure the Pag-IBIG Multi-Purpose Loan Application Form from your company’s HR.
- Fill-out the required details in the form.
- Attach all the required documents (Photocopy of Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card or Official Receipt for the application of Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card, photocopy of 1 month payslip, photocopy of company ID and photocopy of government issued ID).
- Submit it to your company’s HR office or directly to Pag-IBIG branch where your company maintains its record.
- Wait for a text message from Pag-IBIG or a notification from your employer if the load is approved and the Landbank Cash Card is ready for pick-up.
- When picking-up the cash card at the Pag-IBIG branch where your employer maintains its records, do not forget to bring a valid ID and the completely filled-out Landbank Cash Card Application Form which your can download here or which you can secure through your company’s HR department.
- You can check the balance of the cash card or withdraw money from it at any ATM nationwide. Applicable withdrawal fees will be deducted to your account. Of course, there is no withdrawal fee at any Landbank ATMs.
The Landbank Cash Card is valid for three (3) years and can be reactivated at any Landbank Branches. Just bring the cash card itself, a valid ID and Php50.00 for re-activation fee.
Update (March 3, 2019): I filed for another Multi-Purpose Loan after I fully paid my previous loan in 3rd quarter of 2018. I opted to personally file it in their nearest branch in my location. Though my loan was approved, I needed to wait for 2-3 weeks as they need to consolidate my MID. I asked why is there a need when I already had approved previous loans. The officer does not seem to know the answer. Three (3) weeks after, my loan hasn’t been credited to the ATM account they issued to me. I went back and demanded to have the loan proceed deposited in the ATM account within 48 hours or I will file a formal complaint to the officers involved in the transaction. The loan proceed was deposited to the account in less than 48 hours.
Pag-IBIG now requires complete and properly filled-out application form– including the compensation details at the back. Otherwise, they will not process the loan.
Update: Landbank Cash Cards are now back. I also learned that Citibank is also a provider of cash card being issued by Pag-IBIG Fund.
Update: There was a shortage with Landbank Cash Card at the last quarter of 2016. Hence, they have switched back to issuing check instead of the cash card. The check can be deposited to your bank account, which is subject to bank clearances. On the other hand, you can go directly to the Landbank branch who issued the check to encash it.